The Importance of Having Reliable Junk Removal Professionals on HandJune 2, 2023
Five Good Reasons for Using a Professional Junk RemoverJune 17, 2023
Cleaning up junk, removing rubbish, and keeping our environment clean is an ongoing task of millions involved in waste management around the world. The more efficient, the better the success, but unfortunately inaction is everywhere, having huge consequences.
And don’t kid yourself, it’s not limited to third-world countries either. Here at home, we see evidence of it in our very own rivers and waterways.
Imagine fishing in the Mersey River, and hooking a big one, only to discover it’s a plastic bag that has been floating underwater. That’s certainly not what you’d want, but it happens. With over a million plastic bags ending up as junk each minute of the day, the chances are good that you’ll catch one.
Our job at Junk Removal Wirral is never-ending. It keeps us busy day and night, fighting the good fight against waste. But that’s what we like, it’s our role in life, and we are pleased to be at the forefront of keeping the Wirral Peninsula clean.
The Scourge of Waste on the Environment
Our habits are such that we generate waste every day of our lives. It’s a fact of life. Landfills were created as dedicated spaces to dispose of this waste. But in the degradation process, the garbage deposited in landfill starts to make methane. Problem. Greenhouse gas exudes into our atmosphere, particularly from a landfill. Climate change is happening due to these gases permeating our atmosphere.
The bad news is for us all to see, manifesting itself in the form of floods on the one hand and record-high temperatures on the other.
Ok, you may say but this isn’t my problem.
Right, but it is if you don’t recycle.
- Recycling is essential to keep junk out of the landfill near you. This will help keep your atmosphere clean. But it goes deeper than that.
- Eighty percent of the problem is plastic. As we are aware, plastic floats on water and gets carried easily to rivers and oceans.
- One of the big consequences of inaction amongst people and businesses is the failure to curb toxic run-off from industry. This all finds its way into the wastewater systems and ultimately ends up in the river courses.
Oil spills at sea or on land also contribute, while illegal fly-tipping is known to add to the environmental problems. This is where a private junk removal company comes in to rescue the situation, and if properly used in the system, waste objectives will be achieved.
Proactive Solutions to Junk
With the government constrained by budget and other limitations, it makes sense to harness the expertise of the private sector. It also is important to embrace the work of the informal sector and NGOs in this process.
Role of The Formal Private SectorIt makes sense to have a good network of private companies that are registered to deal with waste in your area. This will help address some of the Council’s limitations, especially where there is some urgency needed in the case of a waste incident or crisis.
Remembering that their incentive is to make money out of waste, they are able to look at waste, especially recycling, differently. When value is seen in waste it makes it an attractive proposition to do rubbish removal and try and repurpose, recycle, or find economic value additions for it.
In many cases, a contract exists to perform waste management-related duties in the area. These may include rubbish removal, junk processing, junk disposal, and related services like clean-ups.
When contracted, the advantage that a junk removal specialist has are as follows:
- Waste management becomes broader and is performed with greater efficiency. In the process, there is some competition to do well, and private providers have more flexibility with their staff in regard to payment arrangements.
- There will be more focused and superior management to perform and retain the contract.
- The private sector can gear up quicker by finding solutions to funding. This means that capital items like trucks and equipment can be procured to cope with the increases in demand for clearing waste.
- The performance will be better, as the waste management operator’s image and reputation are important. At Junk Removal Wirral we value our good reputation as this is seen by the reviews we get.
Benefits of Local Junk Removal Experts
Having a strong network of licensed local waste management companies helps make the sector stronger and it promotes the recovery of materials that otherwise would have ended up in a landfill.
- It promotes the use of recycled goods and reduces the reliability of virgin raw materials. This reduces environmental pressures as a consequence.
- Also, from a community point of view the area is kept clean and waste is kept from polluting the local environment.
- This has a knock-on effect in that it promotes a clean city, which in turn makes it more enjoyable for residents and tourists.
- Nature abounds in parks and green spaces. Fish start reintroducing themselves in the rivers. Everyone benefits!
The War Against Pollution: It Can be Won.
To prove that it can be done and that a concerted effort by all is effective, look at the example of the Mersey River mentioned earlier. It was called “biologically dead” a few decades back.
The community of Wirral and visitors now enjoy clean waters, excellent fishing, and a river that has been rescued from the scourges of pollution. This didn’t happen without effort.
The dirty, greasy water of bye-gone days is no more, just proving that it can be done. Let’s take a leaf out of this book and take heart in the war against pollution.
When needing a licensed waste management company near you, look no further than Junk Removal Wirral. Keeping your environment clean is our passion.
Trust the best rubbish removal company and one that you can rely on covering the Wirral, Liverpool, Chester, and Ellesmere Port areas: Junk Removal Wirral.
Call us on 0151 808 0407.